Pages

7/06/2009

How much of the truth do you tell?

From time to time I wonder just exactly how much of the truth I should tell. See the thing is, like everyone else, I have great intuition and psychic abilities. The difference between other people and me is how much I allow myself to listen.

I listen, a lot.

Almost a year ago, I met someone who wanted a reading. Of course she wanted it gratis and twenty minutes wasn't sufficient for her happiness. It went for over three hours.

The problem?

The truth was the problem. All I could see ahead for her was financial hardship, marital strife, career change and stall, and a move she was unwilling to make.

The more I saw and heard for her, the less I wanted to do it and I found myself cornered.

We did become friends and over several months, I've let ease out some of what I got for her that first night.

Now the problem?

She is angry that I held back, that I didn't tell her everything.

I held back for my own good and my own best interest. She wasn't ready to hear and I wasn't prepared to defend myself for several more hours.

It is a circle, and now she has asked me to read again. I did it in twenty minutes, told her what she needed to know - even though it hurt her, and then I left.

I don't know how she is absorbing the information, I just know this time I went away unscathed.

No comments: