Pages

12/30/2010

the love hate relationship ...

I love my computer ... really. I am also in mourning for it ... the operating system has died and the lovely people at HP don't know quite what to do with it/me.


I just had no idea it was like a co-dependent relationship (and not necessarily a good one).
How addictive it could be.
How I would feel when I wasn't in constant contact with it.
How much I took it for granted.  


The things I assumed it would do for me.
Automatically remind me of appointments/birthdays/holidays
Keep me organized
Be there for me in the middle of the night.


I am waiting by the phone/mailbox (you get the idea) for replacement disks to replace the 'restore' discs that I made which do not work.

If they don't work - the next level decision will have to be made ... do I put it and me out of 'our' misery or do I force it to love me and recover another way?


No comments: