Pages

12/10/2013

lack of doodling ...

A new year is almost upon us and I haven't got my Christmas letter drafted yet (and it is usually accomplished by mid October because you can't edit a clean sheet of paper).  It is as though I've given up on my truly creative side.

I would love to make all kinds of real, plausible excuses for more or less giving up writing.  Truthfully, there is no good reason - whatever good means - for my failure to dream, imagine, doodle, or let the creative side of myself out to play.

Just a few images of what I have and haven't been up to in recent months ... sort of.

I have honestly been stubborn as 
taken at the Mesa Mormon Temple
well, as Jack - Santa used to own a donkey named Jack and I have no pictures of him.

I thought if I spent time with my niece and nephew at Metro Phoenix's own beach, it would  help.  

 OK, no sand anymore, but there was once upon a time.  And it is the first wave pool in Arizona - all in all a good time for people watching.

Yet as I watched people, I didn't put my butt back in the chair to type, dream, or doodle.
(Apply enough sunscreen and imagination and you can pretend that you are at a beach).












It became a full mystery to me why I was continuing to let the muse play, go on trips, and not produce a thing - not even produce.  

                
Mystery Castle - Phoenix


No comments: