Pages

8/04/2010

Be Careful What You Ask For

I thought I knew what I wanted ... I thought I wanted a gravel yard in the back of my house and grass in the front.  I thought just because I wanted it, the universe would provide (that is if I watered, tended, etc.). 

I didn't count on the fact that all of the years I tried to grow grass in my backyard and I got nothing, it would all change when I got gravel.  Now, I have more grass in the back than there was when I applied tender loving care, all weed resistant.

The front?  Well, it came in with grass - and didn't look too bad.  Unfortunatley, the grass that grows well is Bermuda. The hotter, the faster the grass grows.  Last night I went from reasonable to a jungle.

Next time, I'll ask for a thirteen year old with ambition to keep the gravel grass free and the front mowed.

No comments: