Pages

6/23/2011

writer's tarot

I don't think anything that inspires a writer is ever, really, off limits - short of plagiarism, that is. 

There are only so many variables in stories of any genre. It is the combination and the original use of the variables that makes stories unique.

There's a great tool out there called Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner.  Sure the Tarot has been available for divination forever.  Once upon a time, I used to (try to) read the cards.  I kept asking the same question over and over and finally the cards got quiet.

The point of the book is if you get stuck, you can either do a spread (reading) or pull a card to see about direction change, character challenge, etc. 

To say I've been stuck lately is an understatement. 


For my birthday, Fuzzy gave me the Tarot for Writers


Did you know it works better if you actually have a Tarot deck? 

Every time I try to buy a deck of cards, the car won't start, I'm out of gas, or something more important comes up.


Looks like I am just going to have to pull numbers out of a hat and hope they work as well as actual cards.

Right now I'd settle for 5 numbers between one and 78. 

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

No comments: