Pages

7/06/2011

the prefect storm

Have you ever noticed cars in parking lots where someone has written in the dust, "Wash me."

The storm last night qualified any car not parked in a garage to have that written on the windshields.

Almost one dozen hours have passed and I can still taste the dust in my mouth, feel it in my throat, and see it on my car.  Yes, dearest hubby did rinse the cars off last night after the storm so the windows were clear, but the underlying layer was still there.

When I cannot see the lights of the city park from my kitchen window, I know the storm is going to be bad.  When I can't see my back patio at all, it is a doozy.

Wonder if there'll be a repeat tonight?

4 comments:

Lizzy D said...

wow! a DUST storm? Not a rain storm? Must be hard on any flowers, not to mention the cars' innards and your poor lungs!

fascinating!

love

rmorticre

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're okay. I was going to write and then my brain imploded.

It's amazing how every place on the planet has some force of nature that loves them.

Did the sand hurt paint on cars? I was afraid it was like sandblasting.

Thinking of you and missing you.

Hunter

Karen said...

That is just amazing and humbling. glad you, Blondie and Fuzzy are all safe and well.

Fay said...

Blondie, Fuzzy, and I did well ... when you don't realize what is going on around you, you survive amazingly well!!!

I am still finding dirt in unexpected places ... but we aren't done for the season (ends officially on October 1st).

thanks for the kind words!