Pages

3/12/2013

Camp NaNo is coming

Seems that I need support when I write ... it also seems that I annoy my friends to death getting their ideas and opinions, multiple reads, requests for suggestions, etc.

Going cold turkey and going all on my own for me hasn't been that great either.  Sure there are a couple of local groups, but they are very into memoir.  Not much in my life would be worthy of a memoir, unless you count trips to the dog park when Peabody was alive and he hit on women, and then I'd never be able to sell it to anyone.

My point?

This year more than the other years I've done NaNoWriMo in November (the 50k in a month challenge), it was like a Nike commercial.  

I just did it.

It wasn't inspiring.

It wasn't necessarily grammatically correct.

It did get finished.

In April, it is Camp NaNo.  No word count.  Just a commitment to writing every day.

So, I am going to do it again.  

In April.

With an outline.

Name?  Jesse's Girl.

Genre? Romance-ish

Lead Characters?  Zero and the 'gorilla' his dreams, Jesse's girl, Sugar.

Base idea?  Zero's heart has been broken by the untimely death of his wife.  A promise not to be alone for too long.  Years pass and he never really heals until he comes across a dog who needs a home.  It is love at first sight for man and dog, unfortunately she belongs to his elderly landlord.

Theme Song?  Ricardo Arjona - Fuiste tĂș feat. Gaby Moreno (Video Oficial) 

So, I'm gonna take the bull ...



 Introduce myself, and hopefully find his horns ...

And be the last one standing at the end.

Ideas?

Suggestions?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear.

I'm not even writing my blog.

I think I'll join in Camp, but in stealth mode. Want to share a cabin? I'll be a good listening if not much of a talker.

I'm going to go over and fill out the profile. At least I remembered my NaNo login.

Speedbump
(Hunter)

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear.

I'm not even writing my blog.

I think I'll join in Camp, but in stealth mode. Want to share a cabin? I'll be a good listening if not much of a talker.

I'm going to go over and fill out the profile. At least I remembered my NaNo login.

Speedbump
(Hunter)

Dooley Girls said...

Dearest Speedbump,

I need to register for camp - wonder if they have extra fees for horseback riding?

Love to share a cabin ... I will do it in public again - just because it forced me to actually do and complete things ... I will respect your need for privacy and offer you an oversized beach towel if you want it - it works for either hair or torso - chose one!

Missed you.

L

Hunter said...

I'd love to share a cabin. I did try to invite you but it didn't recognize your NaNo handle yet.

I'm planning on taking a pic of the sunset here every day of Camp and writing about a person, place or thing I see at the beach.

My goal will be to take a pic and write every day rather than a word count.

It'll be on my blog so I guess it'll be public.

It feels good to set my own rules and feel good about it. LOL.

See you soon.

Hunter

Dooley Girls said...

This reminds me of the Outback Steakhouse - No Rules! Just Write!

Looking forward to the pictures!

I actually have some WWII pics from the FIL ... he was on the Arizona when Pearl Harbor happened ... let me know if you ever want some of the images!

smooches - and promise not to short sheet my bed during camp!

L