Pages

3/28/2013

writing doodle ... Dawn and dawn

I'd love to say I'm a morning person, but I don't like to start the day off with a lie.  A lie down, as my English grandmother used to say, sure, I'm just fine with that.  A good lie down builds endurance for the coming day and shortens necessary naps to reasonable length of a mere three to four hours.

The problem with actual lies, the noun not the verb, is that a lie could potentially be used against me in court.  I don't have much time for something that can be used for someone else's betterment.

Dawn is a time of day that should be seen on the way home from a party, not as the result of a full night's sleep.

Frankly I've never had much luck with dawn or Dawn, my ex-girlfriend.  Something about never spending time together even when we were in the same place and a lack of attention to detail.  She failed to understand that I, Zero whatever my last name is as of this writing is, am a big picture kind of a guy.  In my job, that has served me well.  She wasn't critiquing my life plans or my employment, it was a lack of attention to details in the bedroom. Evidently attention to details in sex means a lot more to her than to me.  I had no problem with a one to one ratio on orgasms.  Who knew, and more to the point, who cared that she wanted to see if she was multi-orgasmic?  After a long shift at work, there is only so much time, patience and effort I have left to play those kinds of games.

Now I have plenty of time to contemplate dawn and Dawn.  My shift changed, the girlfriend left, and all I have now is a dog with an identity crisis.  Before the recent blow up, Dawn wanted to see if she were ready for motherhood by buying a Dorkie, a dachshund Yorkie mix, and now we are supposed to be buds. Something about a lack of bonding with my mother.





No comments: