Pages

3/29/2013

writing doodle - introduction 3

I eased my hand from beneath the pillow which still cradled the brunette's head and sat up in the bed.  She was on top of the bed and took more than half the available space.  I have never begrudged any female the space they feel is necessary on a bed.  I was raised to be a gentleman, and gentleman don't do two things.  A real man never complains about someone else's mattress, and they never go on a date unprepared.  The trunk of my car always has an overnight bag, complete with shaving kit, and It wouldn't have been too awful if I owned a bed larger than a twin.  It would have been even better if I hadn't rested the bed snug against the wall, and she was on the outside.

"Excuse me," I said.  "I need the bathroom."

Just because we weren't on a first name basis didn't mean I should deny my body's needs.  Besides if I ignore my body's signals, I suffer the consequences and have to do the clean up. Not my strong suit. Despite the bald head, gold earring, and a plethora of white t-shirts, I look nothing like Mr. Clean.


No comments: