Pages

6/27/2011

the celtic cross layout to plot


I fell in love today.  Again.  My husband, Santa or Fuzzy if you will, has told me time and again that it happens far and away too frequently.  I can fall in love three or more times on a good day (the weather, food, someone kind on the street or on the phone, a great note from a friend).

Anyway, I am officially in love today with three things:
  1. The Writer’s Tarot for giving me the inspiration to use a tool that has been in my toolbox for several years and I never really thought about. (Ok, the truth.  I give away as many decks as I have owned which means right now I am down to no decks, but I still have the books floating around here somewhere.) 
  2.  Fortune cookies courtesy of a recent Chinese dinner.  The lucky numbers gave me the information I needed to do a virtual reading.  Hey, if you don’t have the cards, it makes it kind of tough so the numbers from fortune cookies replaced shuffling and dealing real cards. 
  3. The Celtic Cross layout.  It is one of the most common/popular layouts for readers.  It encompasses everything from long ago and far away to a final outcome.  Isn’t that what romance is really all about when you think about it? 
I really loved my numbers.  Officially the major arcana are numbered.  The other cards are numbered within their suit.  I decided to go down the line; 22 is the Ace of Cups all the way to the King of Wands.  It may not be the most logical system, but it works for me and it goosed the muse, so I’m proceeding from here.
  1. Present -  Wheel of Fortune:  Destiny and Fate will not be denied.  If you know where to look, you can see the effects of destiny before it strikes, but not always. 
  2. Immediate Challenge – Temperance:  Rebuilding and Improving on what is left over after a major change (or loss).  It can also bring two people together to act as one. 
  3. Distant Past – The Sun:  Steadfast reliability.  The sun always rises and there is nothing more powerful than the Sun. 
  4. Recent Past – Eight of Cups:  It is time to move on and away from difficult circumstances or situations.  It is a powerful wakeup call – one that cannot be ignored. 
  5. Best Outcome – Knight of Cups:  He moves forward slowly with peace and calm.  He is also a romantic and a born flirt. 
  6. Immediate Future – King of Wands:  Someone with fire and energy enough to change the world to fit his vision of it.  He doesn’t always look for or ask for help when it is needed. 
  7. Factors Affecting Situation – Three of Swords:  Pain and Suffering.  Things that can easily impact the human heart and psyche (a deaf ear, words, gestures, rejection, heartbreak, betrayal) 
  8. External Influences – Justice:  Cause and Effect.  Punishment and Reward.  Also known as the law of Karma – you don’t necessarily get what you want, you get what you deserve 
  9. Hopes and Fears – Death:  The most powerful of the cards in Tarot as it is the card of transformation.  It is not necessarily a card representing physical death.  Change happens whether or not we want it to, let go of that which no longer serves you. 
  10. Final Outcome – 4 of Cups:  Having a variety of options.  Believing in limitless possibilities.

No comments: